Saturday, December 8, 2007

One week ago I lost Zephyr. Today I say good bye to Justin



I went back to the Carson shelter today to see about the injured female Dobie. While I was there, I received a call about Justin (A3742091). I was told that Justin has distemper and was showing signs of neurological damage.

Justin was euthanized. The only comfort I can take is that he didn't go the way Zephyr did. He went knowing love and kindness; he had fun riding in the car out of the Carson shelter. Even though it was just a few days of life outside the shelter, it was better than what Zephyr had.

Days like today I feel like I am sweeping the ocean with a broom, because there is just too much pain, too much sadness. I will not give up on trying to make a difference. Such great losses will always be overwhelming. Zephyr and Justin won't ever be forgotten. Their legacies will go to save many more dogs who will come after them.

Goodbye, Justin you sweet dear boy.

No comments: