Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Freezing cold nights and the shelter animals

I just came in from walking my dogs for the night and it is about 48 degrees Fahrenheit out there. I think about the animals sitting at the LA County shelters with no heat, no blanket, nothing to provide comfort. The night must be long for them. I know it is long for me when I think about how cold they must be. I do know there are young day-old puppies as well as senior dogs who have been abandoned by their human families because of their age - all are very cold.

I have asked the people in Administration today about getting heaters for the kennels and was told that there are two bids for this week. Well, what happens while the County is seeking bids to get a heating system in place? The weather does not let up and the animals are suffering in the cold. It will be another long night not just for them but for me too.

1 comment:

Robert Smith said...

Thanks for this great post, it is good and informative for those who have dogs and other animals.